New York is made up of millions
of different people,

and they all come here looking for something that would unknowingly change their whole life

★ üdvözlünk new yorkban
• városhatár átlépése •
Felhasználónév:
Jelszó:
Automatikus bejelentkezés:
★ csicseregj csak kedvedre
• szavak sokasága •

★ éppen jelenlévõ lakosaink
• Ismerõs idegenek •
★ frissen íródott történetek
• legújabb bejegyzések •
Dok Min-Joon
tollából
Ma 9:55 pm-kor
Owen Grady
tollából
Ma 9:46 pm-kor
Breckin Garfield
tollából
Ma 9:20 pm-kor
Joe Weaver
tollából
Ma 8:25 pm-kor
Yasemin Miray Arslan
tollából
Ma 8:24 pm-kor
Breckin Garfield
tollából
Ma 7:49 pm-kor
Kaia Raven
tollából
Ma 7:47 pm-kor
Breckin Garfield
tollából
Ma 7:44 pm-kor
Alfonso Deluca
tollából
Ma 7:43 pm-kor
★ csoportjaink képviselõi
• népszámlálás •
Csoport neve
Bûnüldözés
Diákok
Egészségügy
Hivatal
Média
Munkások
Oktatás
Törvényszegõk
Üzlet
Összesen

The Time/Interviev with Dr. Sinclair
TémanyitásThe Time/Interviev with Dr. Sinclair
The Time/Interviev with Dr. Sinclair EmptySzomb. Ápr. 27, 2024 9:07 pm
The Times
Interviev with the greatestInspectorDr. Sinclair
S.O.S. Crime in New York City has increased by leaps and bounds.

News! We asked the renowned NYPD detective about the current state of crime in the city.
We asked what he recommends to reduce crime; we asked what the experience was about crime in recent years

Crime in New York at 2024
New York City saw continued reductions in overall crime through the first quarter of 2024, both above ground, on streets throughout the five boroughs, and below ground, within the nation’s largest subway system. The single month of March 2024, compared to the same month last year, experienced even more drastic crime declines.

Overall crime in the transit system plummeted 23.5 percent in March, an achievement directly attributable to the 1,000 additional uniformed NYPD officers surged into the network each day. Another 800 NYPD officers were also recently deployed as part of “Operation Fare Play,” an initiative focused on enforcing fare evasion. The year-over-year crime decrease was led by double-digit percentage drops in major categories: Robbery was reduced 51.9 percent (26 vs. 54), grand larceny decreased 15.2 percent (89 vs. 105), and felony assault dropped 10.9 percent (49 vs. 55). From January 1 through March 31, 2024, overall crime in the transit system was down 1.1 percent (538 vs. 544), compared to the first quarter of 2023.

Since the start of 2024, overall arrests in the subway system are up almost 53 percent compared to last year (4,813 vs. 3,147), including an 83.3 percent increase in gun arrests (22 vs. 12), a nearly 80 percent jump in fare-evasion arrests (1,864 vs. 1,038), and a 24.1 percent hike in grand larceny arrests (108 vs. 87). In that time frame, Criminal Court summonses issued by police jumped 65.3 percent (1,666 vs. 1,008), and included an increase of nearly 5.5% (370 vs. 351) in those written specifically for fare evasion. The total number of Transit Adjudication Bureau (TAB) summonses issued for various offenses also climbed 28.1% (48,771 vs. 38,082).

“There cannot be a sense of lawlessness in the subway system, and it begins at the turnstiles,” said Police Commissioner Edward A. Caban. “It is highly encouraging to see the tangible results of our hard work – the investment we are making is clearly paying dividends. We vow to maintain our tight focus on the drivers of crime in order to improve transportation safety – and perceptions of safety – at every station, on every train, at all hours of the day and night. That is what New Yorkers expect and deserve.”

Citywide in March 2024 compared to March 2023, overall crime dropped 5 percent, a reduction of 505 incidents. Continued declines were recorded across many bellwether crimes, including murder, down 19.4 percent (29 vs. 36); burglary, down 17.4 percent (1,005 vs. 1,217); and grand larceny, down 7 percent (3,883 vs. 4,176). Robbery was flat in March (1,264 vs. 1,264), while grand larceny auto – the theft of motor vehicles – declined for the fourth month in a row, down 10.9 percent (1,037 vs. 1,164). From January 1 through the end of the first quarter of 2024, major crime and violence throughout the five boroughs dropped 2.4 percent, a decrease of 711 incidents.

Shooting incidents in March 2024 were reduced 25.9 percent (63 vs. 85), equating to 29 fewer shooting victims compared to the same month last year (71 vs. 100), a 29 percent decrease. This correlates to 358 people arrested for possession of an illegal firearm, a 7.5 percent increase from the same period last year. Shooting incidents for the first quarter of 2024 compared to 2023 were down 18.5 percent (181 vs. 222), meaning that 56 fewer people (212 vs. 268) were shot in New York City since the start of the year, a 20.9 percent reduction. From January 1 through the end of March, the NYPD took nearly 1,600 illegal guns off New York City streets, adding to the 15,180 total guns seized since the start of 2022.

Last datas

In March 2024, compared to the previous March, the total number of bias incidents investigated by the NYPD’s Hate Crime Task Force across the five boroughs increased by 27 incidents. Overall crime in New York City public housing developments dropped 6.2 percent.
For all major index crimes in March, 479 additional people were arrested compared to a year ago, an 11 percent increase (4,826 vs. 4,347). Since the start of the year, 1,398 more people were arrested for major crimes this year, marking an 11.1 percent jump (13,980 vs. 12,582).

Overall crime fell slightly in New York City last year compared with 2022, though the number of felony assaults and car thefts remained stubbornly high, the police said on Wednesday.
The city saw significant drops in the number of shootings and murders, as well as in robberies, burglaries, sexual assaults and grand larcenies — all categories described as major crimes.
The drop in gun violence and homicides occurred as cities like Detroit, Philadelphia and Los Angeles also saw sharp declines in the number of murders and other major crimes.
Mayor Eric Adams of New York lauded the Police Department and touted the decrease as a sign that the city was making progress in improving public safety and increasing the perception that New York is safe.
“I’ll say it over and over again until we all believe it and see it and hear it,” he said at a news conference at Police Department headquarters on Wednesday. “Crime is down. Jobs are up, and tourists are back in our city.”
The total number of crimes fell 0.3 percent in the city, and arrests rose by nearly 20 percent.
Commissioner Edward Caban, who took over the department in July after the abrupt resignation of Commissioner Keechant Sewell, said the police had seized more than 13,000 illegal guns in the last two years, an accomplishment he said had “ripple effects” on overall crime.

Credtis

EdtiedThe Times
   IntervieweeDr. Horatio R. Sinclair
   Reference #1This
   Reference #2This

Emme

He hides in the light
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
mind álarcot viselünk
Horatio R. Sinclair
Bûnüldözés
ranggal rendelkezem
★ :
The Time/Interviev with Dr. Sinclair Tumblr_inline_oyq7q1Jy9O1uvee7b_400
The modern age
Master Detective
★ kor ★ :
★ elõtörténet ★ :
You realize that our
mistrust of the future