New York is made up of millions
of different people,

and they all come here looking for something that would unknowingly change their whole life

★ üdvözlünk new yorkban
• városhatár átlépése •
Felhasználónév:
Jelszó:
Automatikus bejelentkezés:
★ csicseregj csak kedvedre
• szavak sokasága •

★ éppen jelenlévõ lakosaink
• Ismerõs idegenek •
Jelenleg 68 felhasználó van itt :: 16 regisztrált, 0 rejtett és 52 vendég :: 2 Bots
A legtöbb felhasználó (159 fő) Pént. Ápr. 26, 2024 8:14 pm-kor volt itt.
★ frissen íródott történetek
• legújabb bejegyzések •
Remington Fellowes
tollából
Ma 12:38 pm-kor
Emmalynn Larson
tollából
Ma 11:39 am-kor
Venus Heighel
tollából
Ma 11:30 am-kor
Cale Braxton
tollából
Ma 10:56 am-kor
Anabel Marquina
tollából
Ma 10:11 am-kor
Madilynn Lafayette
tollából
Ma 8:47 am-kor
Madilynn Lafayette
tollából
Ma 8:45 am-kor
Madilynn Lafayette
tollából
Ma 8:44 am-kor
Ethan Sharp
tollából
Ma 7:53 am-kor
★ csoportjaink képviselõi
• népszámlálás •
Csoport neve
Bûnüldözés
Diákok
Egészségügy
Hivatal
Média
Munkások
Oktatás
Törvényszegõk
Üzlet
Összesen

oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria
Témanyitásoats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria
oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria EmptyPént. Feb. 17, 2023 10:02 pm

Jackson & Vittoria
there'll be things you never asked her, oh how they tear at you now

You gotta be fucking kidding me.
My words are muffled under my nose as I stand by my mother's door, right hand still raised and stopped mid-air between the forty-sixth and forty-seventh knock, like the dumb idiot I am. I take a deep breath.
Mom?” I try again for, like, the millionth time. “It's me. You said it was urgent.” Well, that was almost two hours ago, but I still tried my best to get here as fast as possible. I couldn't just stand up in the middle of the board meeting saying, “Sorry, my mom's in trouble, see ya later,” and not just because of its importance. I need to stand strong now. It's been only a few days since I was cleared to work by the doctors, and everybody's been watching each step of mine. Consequently, since — according to their knowledge — Vittoria Lowell does not have a mother, a statement like that would've been just as good as writing my resignation.
And that wasn't part of the plan at all.
Still, my words are left unanswered. I start to feel tense as worry builds up in me. I know my mother's still struggling with the idea of normal life; she has better and worse days, with the changes in between being sudden and unpredictable. I have to admit, I felt somewhat uneasy during our short conversation on the phone, but I wouldn't have guessed that she would disappear if I didn't make it here in an hour.
So, when I try the doorknob and it turns, my stomach makes an uncomfortable flip. I open the door to enter slowly, cautiously, calling out again, “Mom?”, with no response whatsoever. My throat suddenly feels dry as I walk around; the flat is small and simple but perfect for her to live alone. Bernard chose the apartment specifically for her when he came up with the idea of us moving her here, secretly, of course. Well, kind of. We've always made sure that there's no connection between us for the sake of my identity; Bernard was the first and the last person to know the whole truth about me, and that included my mother as well.
Nevertheless, it's just the two of us left, and I'm afraid shit's about to get real. What've you gotten yourself into this time? I couldn't visit her lately because of the attack, but I wasn't aware of any recent problems either, so I'm totally clueless right now. I look around; I search for specific sights, like letters or notes, shelves emptied in a rush, or — God forbid — any sign of violence or blood.
When I don't find anything, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel relieved or even more confused. I pull out my phone from the pocket of my jeans and try to dial her once more, but it goes to voicemail. I sigh deeply... and then my head snaps as I hear noises coming from the front door. I immediately rush to the door, filled with relief, and jerk it open.
Finally. I thought you went...” I stop abruptly as soon as I realize it's not my mother that I'm facing. It's a man with an uncomfortably familiar face. “Whoa. What the fuck.” Not the most sophisticated response, I know, but how do you greet a man from the darkest period of your life that you weren't supposed to meet again, like, ever?
I remember him clear as day; Diego used to call him Falcon. “Don't worry about your mother, Falcon's gonna keep an eye on her,” he used to say, and sometimes I did see him standing by doors when I sneaked into the club, arms folded across his chest and looking grumpy. My mother, on the other hand, always had other... ideas. I remember her incessant bubbling; she dreamed of Falcon as her hero, the savior for both of us. “I just have to make sure he likes me enough to get me a green card,” that was her goal.
As far as I'm concerned, she's never achieved that particular goal, which raises the question, “What the hell are you doing here?
I'm eyeing him cautiously as I wonder how big of a mess I've just gotten myself into. This can't be what my mom wanted to warn me about, can it? If she were all into this again, I would've known, right? And if that's the case... how the hell am I supposed to get out of this clean — as Vittoria fucking Lowell?

mind álarcot viselünk
Anonymous
Vendég
ranggal rendelkezem
TémanyitásRe: oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria
oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria EmptyPént. Márc. 03, 2023 4:12 pm
And I'll believe in grace and choice
vittoria & jackson
Getting phone calls in the middle of the night is in the fine print section of my job description, right between the requirements of ‘high stress tolerance’ and ‘self-sufficiency’. There’s no such thing as overtime when you’re constantly on the clock. There were times when I was upset it did not reflect in my paystubs but after a while that frustration becomes a static, a background noise you can simply ignore. Jules used to hate how often I’d get called away before daybreak. I always tried to make as little noise as possible as to not wake her, there was no reason for her to have a bad night’s sleep as well, but she told me later that was the worse; going to sleep with me next to her, waking up alone. I got what she meant, maybe a little too much; it’s been decades but I always hated how Rae would disappear from my room come morning light. I can’t recall the last time I had a full night’s sleep, it’s gotten to the point I feel guilty when I do. Like I missed something.
I don’t miss the buzzing of my phone on the night stand; my mind’s still foggy but the caller ID – Maya – punches me in the stomach.
Is everything okay?
No ‘hello’, no ‘what is it’, I know there’s only one reason she’d call. Well, to be fair, it’s one thing dressed as a myriad other: she’s not okay. She might simply go and say, ‘my neighbor’s blasting that stupid music again and I can’t sleep’, or ‘the dishwasher’s leaking again’, or ‘they switched off my electricity again – no, I DID pay the bills!, but it’s just code for her not being okay and wanting someone there. It might seem futile, me driving over to her place sometimes for a couple minutes and then leaving again – because I always have to leave –, or sometimes just telling her on the phone to close the windows but I rather do this than suffer the consequences of not answering.
I know the way her life turned out isn’t my fault – I wasn’t the one using, abusing and hurting her, I wasn’t the one stealing her money, I wasn’t the one forcing her to do drugs to get easy to deal with or something to perk her up, depending on whatever need arose. I’ve attended enough therapy sessions through the years to know that, logically. I’m not to blame for that, I can’t blame myself for not getting somewhere sooner or not figuring something out, or not getting the court order we needed. I can’t get rid of the feeling that I could do more, though. It’s not my responsibility but then whose is it?
I can’t sleep, this stupid noise…
Her voice is small and her words blur together. She may be drunk. There’s absolutely no noise in the background.
Are you getting bad again?
… I don’t know.
Do you want me to go and…?
No.
It’s only then I realize I’m not even home yet, I had a training to attend in Quantico; I’m starring out the hotel window overlooking the airport. I’ll be back by the late afternoon, though, and I tell her I’ll pop over.
By some miracle, I do manage to get back in time, my plane lands on JFK at three, and I manage to get an Uber to the HQ in Manhattan to pick up my response car from the garage. Jamie was always very disappointed that neither me nor my colleagues often get assigned ‘big black SUVs with tinted windows’, since we don’t need to transport gear; if we need to be seen, the FBI doesn’t like being subtle, otherwise I’m very happy with the standard, five-year-old KIA I got assigned. It’s much easier to park with here.
It's been some time since I’ve caught up with her, so I have her spare keys, or at least one of them, and I know the code to the front door by heart. One thing I hate in this building is the old elevator; I always eye it and then always decide against it. I’ve heard it rattle up and down before, thanks but no thanks. The stairs take some air from my lungs still, so I stop midway to have a breather. By the time I reach the correct floor, I can feel the hot air from the take-out in my plastic bag chill down a bit; it’s still warm though, as I rummage around for the right key on my chain.
I don’t need it though; the door opens up as I try to turn it in the lock, and I’m staring into a face I’ve only seen on a cutout from a newspaper. Maya told me that her daughter doesn’t let her have pictures of her in the apartment, she was pretty grumpy about it, and then showed me the well-hidden colored photo that she cut out from the paper. She’s so pretty, isn’t she. Reminds me of myself.
She first sought me out when her daughter was in jail and suddenly she was alone; I can’t remember if I’ve read the papers before that or if she was the one who caught me up on the news. Obviously, she said that Alba was innocent, she said it with all the conviction of a fiercely protective mother. I only knew her for a few months when she was a child so I tried not to pretend like I knew anything about her in the first place. She either did it or not, it wasn’t for me to decide.
But now she was here, facing me, and I wondered for a brief moment if I’m looking at someone who has killed a child. It’s a fleeting thought, because then she makes it obvious she wasn’t expecting me.
Hi,” I end up saying calmly, her polar opposite. “Your mother’s not here?” She mustn’t be, it’s way too quiet in there. I nod, yeah, I get it – I get her standoffishness and the fact she also came for Maya. “May I come in…? I’ve bought food,” I raise the bag with the logo of a local taqueria plastered across it, which I place on the countertop as soon as I’m allowed inside.
Your mother called me at 3AM, saying something… About a loud noise or something,” I explain, leaning against the counter, my holster clinking against the tile. Just like her, I look like I came from the office. “I was in DC, I just got back. Did you find out what it was?

electric bird.

mind álarcot viselünk
Anonymous
Vendég
ranggal rendelkezem
oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria EmptyKedd Márc. 07, 2023 3:53 pm

Jackson & Vittoria
there'll be things you never asked her, oh how they tear at you now

The situation was perfectly fucked up as it was; it didn't need any extra spice, I didn't need anything in addition, but here I am, staring at someone I was never supposed to meet again. Someone who can easily be a threat to my identity as well. Someone who may or may not remember or recognize me. It doesn't really matter, though — whatever brought him here is connected to my mother and it's me standing by the door, not her. It's hard to guess whether it is a coincidence or not, although...
No. My mother has never been anywhere near good at these motherly things but she sure as hell wouldn't put me in danger on purpose. It still doesn't answer the question why is he here, though. He's aged, of course — it's been a lifetime since we last met — but I recognize him. I remember them all — his face hasn't been as detailed in my memories as Diego's or that fucker Spencer's, for instance, but he's still a part of that time, and thus, his presence is more than enough to activate the alarm of my unconscious self-defence system.
No, she's not,” I answer drily. My mother. He knows me. I stare at him with utter confusion and I don't even try to hide it. I look him up and down, assessing him; he's not just aged; he has changed. His clothes are different, his whole appereance is different and there are no tattoos on his hands. He doesn't look Halcón-ish at all.
Maybe that's why I step out of his way, letting him inside. I'm still cautious, this whole situation is suspicious, but now I'm beginning to feel some curiosity as well.
I'm sure she's going to be delighted.” I make a face; the ending would sound something like 'if she ever shows up again,' but I don't say it out loud. I watch him instead and I flinch when my eyes meet his holster. Maybe I've just made the stupidest decision of my life. I imagine the timelines: Vittoria Lowell miraculously survived getting shot in the chest but was found in a no-name apartment with a hole in her forehead.
I gulp, forcing my eyes upward to meet his.
Does she often call you at 3 AM?” I ask, ignoring his questions. My brows are furrowed with anxiety and a slight wave of fear. My mother hasn't mentioned him; not once since I reached out to her after getting out of prison. What the fuck is going on here?
So are you two a... thing?” I make an awkward gesture with my hand, in case my question wasn't obvious. Maybe I've been just blissfully unaware of my mother finally reaching her dream. Yeah, sure. Like she wouldn't have told me right away. “Shouldn't you be somewhere around LA, by the way? Or... have you... moved here? With the... business and everything?” Okay, now I am frightened. I've had enough on my plate already; I really don't need them to return to my life and possibly turn everything upside down for me. “Does she owe you money? I can pay on her behalf. Tell me how much and I'll pay you double; just leave us alone, okay?” I fold my arms across my chest and take a step backwards. Double money should sound good, right? I'm most certainly in deep shit as he obviously knows who I am, and I've just stated that I'm willing to pay a possibly vast amount of money. This makes me a perfect target for further blackmailing, but if I'm lucky, I can use my situation to my advantage. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like the spotlight — somebody has just tried to take my life, and a possible blackmail would make them a high-priority suspect.

mind álarcot viselünk
Anonymous
Vendég
ranggal rendelkezem
oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria EmptyVas. Márc. 12, 2023 9:22 pm
And I'll believe in grace and choice
vittoria & jackson
She clearly isn’t comfortable with me being here, which comes as no surprise. For one, when I show up at people’s doors, most of the time they aren’t happy to see me, since I’m either intruding on a fragile emotional and intimate scene regarding one of their loved ones, or I’m there to ask questions. Nobody likes these questions, and I can’t blame them for it. The sheer directness of them, no matter how much you try to sugarcoat them in Southern courtesy, comes off as rather rude and insensitive.
The way Maya would talk about her daughter sometimes made it seem like they spend time together daily – which I knew to be not true. I don’t know if Maya was as open with everyone as she was with me, especially when she was on something, but I doubted it – I’m not the best company on my better days, but she always seemed overly chatty, to the point where it must have been for the lack of other outlets. She was afraid of being reported by someone to ICE, afraid of being discovered by someone from Las Palmas, and it made me want to promise her some protection. I couldn’t, though; the most I could do was appearing at her door with lukewarm barbacoa tacos.
Part of me thought she’d had mentioned me at least once. Clearly, I was wrong.
My eyes scan the room as I’m let inside; there’s a few mugs still in the sink, a still-damp sponge lays in a pan. It’s not unusual for Maya to abruptly stop what she’s been doing, she seems more easily distractable by the day. I can kind of sympathize with that, the number of times I’ve ‘lost’ my glasses or my phone only to be found again in the most obvious places.  
I’m sure she will,” I agree with her, deciding to slide past the clear venom in her voice. My first thought is that Maya might have told her something, something that wasn’t real. She sometimes had these warped images of reality in her head, that she saw someone do this or say that and it always turns out to be mere confusion on her part.
Only then do I realize that Maya isn’t here – which is obvious, but her absence at this hour is concerning. Or at least I think it should be; Alba, on the other hand, seems only moderately agitated, which could be attributed to my presence. There’s no other noise coming from inside the apartment, the TV is switched off, the bedroom where the door is ajar is quiet, and I can’t see any light coming from the shoebox of a bathroom, either. My mouth opens to ask about her whereabouts but she’s faster.
Sometimes,” I nod along. “Usually, I visit her in the late afternoon, though, after work.” She pins me down with her stare, but it carries more anxiousness than anger or annoyance, which all start to make sense once her next question follows, making my eyebrows jump higher on my forehead. Talk about straight shooters.Where would you even get this idea…?” Maya is a perfectly nice woman, don’t get me wrong, I’m not irritated by the assumption, just surprised. To me it was clear why I’m here – needing to do something, needing someone to need me, and some long-matured, old-fashioned guilt –, but I guess I see where it can come off the wrong way. “No, we’re not involved that way.
She’s clearly not satisfied with that answer though, and I have to admit, the way she shoots question after question so easily makes me think she could be a good interrogator. Since she’s clearly in a heightened state, I want to think through my answers, find the best approach before saying anything so she has time to go on and broaden my perspective about what she thinks is going on. Honestly, it makes me feel dumb as a fence post. Sometimes those few months in LA feels like it happened yesterday; most of the time, it seems less and less real. How could I forget that most people don’t know? As far as the gang was concerned, I got sent to another state prison in Nevada for armed robbery; the remaining members were spread out over the system for a reason.
It never occurred to me that Maya was keeping me such a secret.
A deep exhale flows through my nose; only now do I realize that I actually don’t know much about her, either. Maya said that she had ‘an important job’, and she was married but like I said, her reality sometimes differed to the actual one.
I’m not here for money. Or for business,” I say, reaching into my back pocket with deliberate, slow, wide movements. She’s jumpy, and her gaze clearly falls to the gun on my side, I’m not trying to scare her. Once I retrieve the ID card with my badge on the other side of the black leather flop, I stretch it out towards her, making a small movement with my head, urging her to take it. “I’m not here because of this, either,” I add on quickly before it’d make her misunderstand again. “That’s simply why I have the gun. It’s protocol for every field agent to be armed at all times. Even on planes.
It's my turn to eye her quizzically now. “Your mother never told you…? I thought… Well, it doesn’t matter.” For Maya back then, my identity wasn’t that important – or more likely, my fake one proved her point that no one could be trusted. I’m sure she wouldn’t have contacted me later on, had she another option. “I’ve been in contact with her again for a few years now. ” I figure it’s best not to explicitly mention why. “She calls me sometimes when she needs someone to help around here. Or when she doesn’t want to be alone… I usually just bring tacos though.

electric bird.

mind álarcot viselünk
Anonymous
Vendég
ranggal rendelkezem
oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria Empty
mind álarcot viselünk
ranggal rendelkezem

oats in the water | Jackson & Vittoria
Vissza az elejére 
1 / 1 oldal